Wednesday 30 July 2008

Bishop's Stortford v Dartford

Looking back at the Bishop's Stortford game last night, I guess Dartford should not be too disappointed with losing. Stortford were a good outfit who passed the ball quickly, closed down effectively, and played some very good football. Their Conference South label began to show towards the end of the game. However I think we can take quite a few positives out of the encounter. First of all, we matched them for an entire half and had a few chances. Ryno seems to be picking up for at just the right time and he had a great first half. He also impressed me with his tracking back and made a few tackles. All of the trialists performed reasonably well, Ketchell had another solid game at the back and i would go as far as to say that I'd like to see him start at left back against Hendon over Steve Norman. Finally, the team seems to be gelling together, especially Noble, Powell, Barnes and Dafter in the midfield. I dont think we have anyone to fear in the Premier next season and on our day we should be able to beat anybody.

In the stands, not much could be commented on really. It's still pre-season and as such, the choir is still hibernating, waiting for the 16th of August which I'm sure will be a great event, regardless of the result.

Our next game is on Thursday the 31st against my first football club VCD. I think I had my first taste of non league football with the Vickers in an FA Vase away game at Arundel so it shall be a nonstalgic return to the Oakwood for me. I also hope to be filming another segment for my project and this blog on Thursday night.

No comments: